- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 3 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 4 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 11 days ago
- Networking: Get By With A Little Help From Your FriendsPosted 12 days ago
- 5 Biggest Job Application MistakesPosted 13 days ago
60 Seconds Of Networking Advice
You’ve heard it before, “Network in order to optimize your job search.” How exactly do you go about networking? It depends on the way you build relationships and the industry you are targeting.
Is the industry you seek employment in best penetrated online or offline? It’s not as difficult as it seems.
We are all human and we all want to help each other. The idea is to get in touch with as many people you can (in the right channel), make a connection, gain their trust, cultivate the relationship, and earn a good lead. It is as easy as pie!
There are a myriad of ways to begin networking, whichever route you embark on keep the following in mind:
- Be aggressive but polite.
- Get your creative juices flowing – think outside of the ordinary.
- Employ all strategies available to you (in person, online), even if it makes you uncomfortable. You will soon be comfortable in your new zone.
- Value every contact you come across whether they provide you a job lead or not. Engage, listen, and help them too!
- Keep track of whom you have met, where you have met them, and keep notes on what you most remember about them.
- Follow up and thank everyone that attempts to help you.
Think positive, keep at it, strategize, and you will find a new career!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock