You’ve heard it before, “Network in order to optimize your job search.” How exactly do you go about networking? It depends on the way you build relationships and the industry you are targeting.
Related: 5 Tips For Better Super-Connecting
Is the industry you seek employment in best penetrated online or offline? It’s not as difficult as it seems.
We are all human and we all want to help each other. The idea is to get in touch with as many people you can (in the right channel), make a connection, gain their trust, cultivate the relationship, and earn a good lead. It is as easy as pie!
There are a myriad of ways to begin networking, whichever route you embark on keep the following in mind:
- Be aggressive but polite.
- Get your creative juices flowing – think outside of the ordinary.
- Employ all strategies available to you (in person, online), even if it makes you uncomfortable. You will soon be comfortable in your new zone.
- Value every contact you come across whether they provide you a job lead or not. Engage, listen, and help them too!
- Keep track of whom you have met, where you have met them, and keep notes on what you most remember about them.
- Follow up and thank everyone that attempts to help you.
Think positive, keep at it, strategize, and you will find a new career!
This post was originally published on an earlier date.
About the author
Rosa Elizabeth Vargas is a job search strategist who is triple-certified as an (MRW) Master Resume Writer, (NCRW) Nationally Certified, and (ACRW) Academy Certified Resume Writer. Additional qualifications include job search coaching and social media consulting.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by a CAREEREALISM-approve expert. You can learn more about expert posts here.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock