Did you know avocados can help you focus better at work?
According to Web MD, avocados help blood flow because they are loaded with monounsaturated fat (a healthy fat). Better blood flow helps to keep your brain cells moving, which increases concentration.
So, if you want to concentrate better, try this refreshingly delicious pink grapefruit and avocado salad today at lunch!
I discovered this scrumptious recipe on our Pinterest page, and it’s phenomenal! It’s a perfect meal on a hot summer day in the office.
So, whip up this yummy avocado salad, pop it in your office fridge, and get focused!
Today’s Work Lunch Recipe: Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes / Serves 4
What You Need:
- 2 pink grapefruits (or canned grapefruit pieces)
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Use a sharp knife to cut skin (and white pith) from grapefruits; cut into segments, reserving juice.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl with avocado. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently. Top with grapefruit segments.
Recipe courtesy of Marthastewart.com.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock