- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 2 days ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 2 days ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 7 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 8 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 15 days ago
Career Prep: Wrong to Cancel Interview?
Job search takes practice – just like studying for the SAT. That’s why we came up with daily Career Prep questions to help you “study” for your job search!
Here’s today’s question:
Elise had a third interview with a company last week that she really likes. They told her she was one of the top three candidates for the job. Her best friend works there and said she heard (via the hiring manager) Elise was the “top pick,” but that they had to interview a referral candidate from another department before she could be extended the offer.
Today, Elise got a call for an interview with a company she applied to a month ago. The pay and benefits aren’t as good as the job she is hoping to get at her best friend’s employer. But, it’s closer to home and there’s some real potential for advancement. Elise decided to pass on the interview.
When asked why, she said, “I’m going to be getting an offer soon from another company. It doesn’t make sense to interview someplace else if I know I’m not going to take the job if I get this one.”
Image Credit: Shutterstock