- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 3 days ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 3 days ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 8 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 9 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 16 days ago
#1 Reason Executives Need to Write Content
When I first tell my executive branding clients that they are going to have to write some articles for a blog, I’m usually met with all sorts of excuses, like:
- I don’t have time.
- I don’t know what to write about.
- I’m not a writer.
However, once I show them how getting the content they’ve written posted on the Internet can land them their next career opportunity, they suddenly become fabulous authors! Here’s why…
Writing Content Gives You Networking Power
When you write content and share it online, you immediately brand your expertise and create authority for your executive brand. This content becomes a powerful tool for engaging in dialog with peers. It takes your networking abilities to a whole new level. You now have something of value to share with others.
Don’t believe me?
Read this article on Copyblogger, one of the most respected blogging sites in the country and you’ll see how writing content can help you network without ever feeling like you are compromising your reputation.
In short, if you are truly the accomplished executive you say you are, then you need to prove it with some written content that showcases your knowledge and experience.
Your Next Step
Watch my webinar that outlines how today’s busy executive can leverage marketing 2.0 techniques to find the opportunities they want and deserve. The title of the presentation is, “6 Simple Steps to Leveraging Your C-Suite Status.”
This powerful training reveals:
- How social media is the “new normal” in executive branding
- The steps necessary to create a respectable brand online
- Examples of how to use authority marketing techniques to network your way to a new opportunity
Photo Credit: Shutterstock