- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 13 hours ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 13 hours ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 6 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 7 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 14 days ago
3 Ways to Handle Exhausting Office Politics
Forget the election, the showdown between President Obama and Governor Romney was nothing compared to some of the leadership wars I’ve seen in corporate America.
For those of us who have witnessed firsthand a fight for power over a project, division, or high-profile initiative, we know this: When the battle is over and the winner has celebrated their victory with supporters, there is an unpleasant residue that must be dealt with. It’s like a hangover, the flu bug and food poisoning all wrapped up into one nasty feeling: The need to work with the people who fought against you.
Both sides suffer this intense malady, which makes for a challenging road to effective collaboration. So, how do you deal with exhausting office politics?
In a recent article I wrote for AOL Jobs, I provide three ways to handle this situation.
Image Credit: Shutterstock