- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 10 hours ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 10 hours ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 5 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 6 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 13 days ago
Job Board Detox Tip #13: Check Your Wardrobe
Is it ready to for the interview? Do you have all the things you will need for the interview; notebook, directions, full tank of gas, and of course, professional clothing that is clean and pressed?
The wardrobe of the job seeker is over-emphasized and other times it is non-existent. I will say this though when it comes to a job search, wardrobe is key.
You must have at least one good suit for the men, or suit/professional outfit for the women, ready to go. Truthfully, two or three are even better, but start with one. There are plenty of articles out there about what to wear and what not to wear. Check out the Fashion & Style category for more tips.
Take these articles seriously. The appearance you make in the first 10 seconds is important. Take an hour today to go through your wardrobe and get it all set to go. Schedule more time for a needed shopping trip if necessary.
Job board detox wardrobe image from Shutterstock