- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 2 days ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 2 days ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 7 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 8 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 15 days ago
LinkedIn Quick Tip: Adjust Your Specialties
The “Specialties” section of your LinkedIn profile summary offers you a valuable opportunity to draw in a reader’s eye to the skills you want to leverage in your next job.
Tip of the day: Create a “list effect” by hard-returning between each specialty.
When you have a lot of specialties, it’s much easier to read them in a column than in a long paragraph.
Which of the following is easier to read?
Career Advice & Job Search Strategy, Personal Branding, Human Resource Advising, Outplacement Services, Team Training & Corporate Development, Executive Leadership Coaching, Social Media in the Workplace, Generational Differences & Teambuilding Strategies
Career Advice & Job Search Strategy
Human Resource Advising
Team Training & Corporate Development
Executive Leadership Coaching
Social Media in the Workplace
Generational Differences & Teambuilding Strategies
See how the column creates a “list effect” that makes it easier to read?
Want to get more great ideas on how to build a LinkedIn profile that will get the attention of recruiters? Check out my FREE LinkedIn training below.
5 ‘Must-Haves’ For Your LinkedIn Profile
Find out how to generate an effective LinkedIn profile by watching our FREE webinar called, “5 Things Recruiters Expect on a LinkedIn Profile.”
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Five things recruiters expect to see on your profile – or they won’t call you
- How to create a profile in less than 30 minutes that will increase your chance of being called by a recruiter
- Mistakes you are making (and probably don’t realize) that are telling a recruiter NOT to contact you
- Proactive measures you can take to get the attention of recruiters in your industry
Don’t miss this session on the best way to use LinkedIn to get recruiters contacting you.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock