- 15 Tips For Sprucing Up Your Resume In 30 Minutes Or LessPosted 5 hours ago
- How To Handle Illegal Interview QuestionsPosted 5 hours ago
- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 5 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 6 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 13 days ago
Promotion Killers: Chronic Job Poster
Some people think that posting for every job that comes along brands them as someone who is career oriented and committed to their company. Not true.
When you post for every job that comes open, you come across as desperate for a promotion. You don’t want to get the” desperate” label attached to you. Decision makers see chronic job posters as unfocused and unclear about their life and career goals. They assume you’re more interested in the title and money that comes with a promotion than making a positive impact in the job you’ve posted.
Don’t be a chronic job poster. Be selective. Get focused. Post for those jobs in which you have a legitimate interest and, more important, the skills to perform in the job. Being selective will increase your chances of getting that elusive promotion. You’ll brand yourself as a real pro in your field.
Your Next Step
If your job search isn’t moving as quickly as you want, it’s time to take action. Check out this guide to landing your dream job and start climbing the corporate ladder faster!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock