- 5 Fun Ways To Nurture Your NetworkPosted 5 days ago
- 5 Reasons Why Every Professional Should Have A Personal WebsitePosted 6 days ago
- How To Create An Effective Executive ResumePosted 13 days ago
- Networking: Get By With A Little Help From Your FriendsPosted 14 days ago
- 5 Biggest Job Application MistakesPosted 15 days ago
Poll: Would You Risk Your Job To Defend Someone?
Would you risk your job to stand up for someone?
Recently, a waiter refused to serve a table of customers because one of them made a nasty comment about another customer, a five-year-old with Down syndrome.
Although they were regular customers of the restaurant, the waiter would not serve them solely on principle, furiously asking, “‘How could you say that?”
Typically, not serving customers is grounds for firing; however, instead of losing his job for not serving the table, the waiter has been hailed as a hero for standing up for the boy.
In this situation, most people would agree that this was the right thing to do, regardless of the consequences. But what if you were in an office setting, and the boss openly bullied a co-worker? Would you stand up for them? Or would you stay out of it and not risk your job?
Please take our poll, and tell us what you think in the comment section!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock